Professional License Defense Attorney
Your Professional License Defense in California
When you lose your professional license or are unable to practice your profession by obtaining a license, you lose your livelihood. You want an experienced California professional licensing defense attorney on your side, so you can take action and save your career. At S J Harris Law, we provide professional license defense for people across California. From nurses and doctors to engineers, brokers and agents, and contractors, we have the experience and resources to protect anyone with a professional license.
At S J Harris Law, you will work with a professional licensing defense lawyer in California with experience handling cases in front of numerous state agencies, including:
- Accusations Seeking Revocation and Discipline
- Interim Suspension Orders (ISOs)
- License Application Denials and Statements of Issue
- Administrative Hearings and Investigation
- Defend Citations Issued Against Licenses
- Appeals and Writs
- Petitions for Reinstatement of Professional Licenses
- Substance Abuse and Occupational Licenses
Lawyers Committed to your Professional Future
While every professional licensing board has different rules and regulations, they all provide unique challenges. In many cases, the process may seem informal, but that is never the case. At your hearing, you will be going up against experts with a complete understanding of the law. With serious potential consequences, you have to be ready to fight back.
We understand what you have at stake and what you can do to protect your professional license. Different licensure boards have different requirements regarding the types of evidence, mitigation and rehabilitation they will accept at a hearing. You want to make sure you understand your options, so you can build the best possible case.
We work to resolve all cases via settlement, but we will be prepared to protect your rights in court, if necessary. If your license is in jeopardy for any reason, we will take the following steps to get you back to work:
- Our first step is to secure your right to defend your action by filing all necessary paperwork.
- We will conduct a thorough investigation to analyze your case and review all records.
- Once we have all available evidence, we will formulate a defense strategy.
- Working directly with the California Department of Justice, and the agency that has filed an Accusation or Statement of Issues regarding your license or application for licensure, we will explore all settlement opportunities.
- If a fair settlement is not possible, we will vigorously defend your rights through the administrative hearing process, and take any necessary action to appeal an agency’s decision in state Superior Court by Writ of Mandamus.
Health Care and Medical License Issues
In addition to serving the needs of licensed health care professionals, we are committed to vigorously representing businesses in the health care field in matters involving patient care, MediCal and Medicare reimbursement, licensing, and in general business litigation and development. Such businesses include:
- Home Health Agencies
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Adult Day Health Care (ADHC)
- Pharmaceutical Distributors and Wholesalers
With extensive experience in the field of professional license hearings and defense, attorney Scott J. Harris understands how the process works and how the laws are enforced. As a former Deputy Attorney General, he used to prosecute these cases. Today, he is dedicated to protecting the rights of professionals across California.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I lose my professional license due to an accusation?
Depending on what the accusation is. If you are unsure of how to respond, contact a professional license defense attorney today.
What is the process of an accusation investigation like?
Once the complaint is filed, you will get a formal notice. Then the complaint will be reviewed by the Medical Board and they will ask you for a response. After the response is received by the Board, the will evaluate the entire case. They will provide recommendations to another committee who will also review the case. Once the Board has made a decision, you will be informed if there is any disciplinary action that will need to be taken. If you have received a violation against your healthcare license, contact S J Harris Law today.
Should I hire an attorney if my license has been suspended?
Simply being accused of some sort of wrongdoing can result in a license suspension in many circumstances. To legally practice your chosen job and earn a living, you must have a license. If you hold a professional license and are currently undergoing an investigation, you will need the assistance of an expert attorney to keep your record clean and, if necessary, to get your professional license reinstated.