Psychologists play an integral role in maintaining the health and well-being of Californians. The California Board of Psychology is the primary regulatory body for California psychologists. Its role is to ensure that all psychologists practice at the highest levels with the foremost goal of public protection.
Per the website of the Board of Psychology, the primary purpose of the Board is:
- Protecting the health, safety, and welfare of consumers of psychological services with integrity honesty, and efficiency;
- Advocating the highest principles of professional psychological practice;
- Empowering the consumer through education on licensee/registrant disciplinary actions and through providing the best available information on current trends in psychological service options.
The education, time, training and expense of becoming licensed as a Psychologist is admirable and rewarding. Finding out that a license to practice psychology is denied, under investigation, or subject to revocation and discipline can jeopardize all the efforts put into getting the license.
If you are subject to an inquiry by the Board of Psychology, subject to an application denial, an investigation, of an Accusation to revoke or discipline your license, you need an experience licensing attorney like Scott J. Harris, Esq. Mr. Harris can assist in matters involving:
- Substance Abuse
- Criminal Charges, including domestic violence, assault and petty theft
- Breaches in the standards of community practice – gross negligence and incompetence.
- Boundary Issues, including sexual relationships with clients
- Transference Issues
- Conflicts of Interest
- Anger Management Issues
- Insurance Billing Fraud
As a former Deputy Attorney General and licensing board prosecutor, Scott J. Harris is an attorney that understands how licensing agencies operate. Because he knows how licensing boards conduct their investigations and how prosecutors build their cases, he is able to take proactive steps to defend his clients’ licenses and earning capacity.
Protecting Your Psychologist License During Every Stage Of Review
At S J Harris Law, we help mental health professionals protect their licenses. Attorney Scott J. Harris represents clients during the initial investigation, during formal actions through accusations, statements of issues, administrative hearings and appeals, and appeals to the superior court through writs of mandamus.
Our attorneys offer comprehensive legal counseling with a focus on economy, judiciousness and respect.
California’s Attorney for Psychologist License Defense
Contact professional license defense lawyer Scott J. Harris at 323-370-6139 to schedule a free 30-minute consultation. Together, we will fight for your license as a marriage and family therapist, psychologist, social worker and occupational therapist.